Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A new look, a new business, a new adventure!



I'm here to introduce Big Smack Photography! I know, I know what am I thinking! My own business, a hobby turned to ...well something. I am as surprised as you. The second my husband put my beautiful new Nikon into my hands my heart just couldn't control it's self. I felt like after all these years of "yuck" happening to us that something wonderful had just popped into my life. I was slow at using my new toy, it felt so odd, so foreign to have such luxury in my hands. I felt like I shouldn't have it. I was nervous that I wouldn't love being behind the camera any more. I was scared that all my artistic training just wasn't good enough. I felt overwhelmed by all the displays and add-ons and options. I wondered if I deserved this wonderful thing that I had ached for for so long. The first few months were weird, it sat in it's bag a lot. I'm not sure when but an explosion went off in me one day. I needed to get better and learn and return to the camera freak I once was. The passion filled me once again and I couldn't believe the joy I felt when I would take a beautiful picture. I started to share my joy with anyone who would look. As months passed it became obvious what was in my heart, what I loved to do and finally it all came to be. Once I knew what I wanted to do with "the rest of my life" I also knew I wanted to blog about my journey with everyone. I immediately went and opened up a new blog site...that's when this pit arrived in my stomach. I just couldn't get myself to design or even think about another blog. I mean I LOVE my pink scrappy blog. I love my stories and my pages and my history here. Scrapbooking is the reason I found photography. In striving to create beautiful pages I would work so hard on creating beautiful (or at least decent) pictures. That's when the question popped into my head "is it okay to use this blog?" The answer was given to me by one of my closest and dearest friends, Kristen (pictured below), she said, "of course you should it's a natural transition!" The more we talked the more I felt like she was completely right. Why leave my beautiful blog behind when it can come along with me! My doubts were lifted and I realized that it is (kind of) the end of one journey and the beginning of a new one. I am so excited, so energized and so willing to admit that I am new and I just want to learn. I invite everyone to come explore with me as I dive into this adventure! I look forward to sharing my new website and the story behind the name soon!





P.S. Thank you Kristen for being such a wonderful inspiration in my life!

No comments: